Recover after an illness or injury with the help of our senior rehabilitation services in Des Moines. Our personalized care makes fast work of getting better — and while your health improves, you’ll find all the comforts of home right here. Deerfield is one of the few West Des Moines short-term rehabilitation providers that offer occupational, speech and physical therapy for seniors, as well as other rehabilitative services to help you keep living independently.
Direct entry opportunities are available, and you don’t need to be a resident to take advantage of short-term rehabilitation or enjoy all our community has to offer. Still have questions about senior rehabilitation in Des Moines? You can reach us by completing the information form on this page.
- Physiatrist who coordinates with therapy team and your physician
- Registered physicians, nurses and nurse practitioner services available on-site
- Social worker and dietitian available on-site
- Variety of diagnostic and therapy services available on-site
- Restorative therapy to help maintain independence
- Joint replacement therapy
- Antibiotic and pain management
- Healthy lifestyle programming
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Salon and barber services
- Wi-Fi access
- Flat screen televisions
- Expanded cable
- An integrated plan for goal-focused living
- Refrigerator in each room
- Daily newspaper
- Chef-prepared dining
Each person receives an individualized treatment plan, based on rehabilitation needs, physician orders and therapist recommendations. We’ll provide the most appropriate services as recommended by your therapy team after admission.
It’s similar in that it helps restore strength and mobility. However, occupational therapy focuses on helping people improve their ability to perform daily tasks by modifying the physical environment and using adaptive techniques and equipment to increase independence.
Prior to your discharge, we’ll develop a plan that determines any equipment needs and in-home services you may require.